Dieter Mensch B.Sc.(Hons), D.C., FIACA, CAFCI, C.Ad.(c) is a 1980 graduate of the Canadian
Memorial Chiropractic College. He is certified in acupuncture through the International Academy of Clinical Acupuncture
and also by the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute. He is also certified in auriculotherapy by the Auriculotherapy
Dr. Mensch is an evidenced-based therapeutic practitioner who grew up in Toronto. After completing an honours bachelor of science degree from the University of Toronto, he attended the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College and has certification in acupuncture and auricular medicine.
He is committed to life-long learning and has taken numerous professional training courses to keep up-to-date so that his patients receive the most current, effective treatments possible, drawn from across the several disciplines in which he has honed his expertise.
Dr. Mensch is active in the community and currently teaches Tai Chi at the YMCA in Trenton.
This house was built in Trenton in 1868 by local lawyer Charles Francis. Unfortunately he died at an early age and the house was taken over by David Gilmour. The Gilmours were a wealthy Scottish family with extensive commercial interests in shipping, ship-building, and timber. David Gilmour established the largest lumber mill in the world at that time at the mouth of the Trent River, which cut some 78 million board-feet of lumber annually and employed hundreds of local residents. He left after attempts to float timber downstream from the Algonquin Park region proved uneconomical. The house then passed to local physician Dr. McQuade who ran his office out of the building for many years. In about the 1960's the house was divided up into 5 apartments and rented out by a succession of landlords. As current owners, we have dreams of restoring the house to its former glory and perhaps running it as a B&B.
This landmark house on Yonge Street was built about 1837 in the time of William Lyon MacKenzie. A nearby well made it an important stop for travelers and military. Thus it was literally the local barrack's "watering hole".